Vicious World: Updates Sundays!
Saturday, September 11, 2010
  That Reader Reply Thing I Do (Also, no preview this week)
Okay, so I'm horrendously late with this thing, but with good reason: AWA is less than a week away, so for the time being all of my efforts are being shifted towards this convention (I will post my location in the Artist Alley in Sunday's update!)...and this WILL affect the update that should take place on 9/19, aswell as the long overdue contest announcement. More on that later, though! Reader replies are go:


Cary: If Myko can stab with it, he'll stab with it. Especially screwdrivers.

As for the torture, sometimes you gotta do whatever it takes to remind people where they stand on the urban food chain! I'm glad you're liking the faces--hopefully the next installment shall not disappoint!

sous: It's no secret that I love drawing faces, and with some characters I get a little extra enjoyment as I can draw them with certain faces that I can't get away with drawing on the others. With Myko, I can draw him looking psychotic as it best suits his character. He enjoys torturing more than he probably should...and once I reveal some further character details on him, he'll prove to be just one twisted little cruller.

I don't blame you for not getting too far; Dante seems to do well in diverting everyone--I guess I subconsciously decided to bring Myko in first. ^^ Anyway, I'm glad his first impression has counted quite a bit!

Brett: Oh, he certainly will. He has one of the more twisted personalities, albeit more in his actions than his general demeanor. He knows how to use a screwdriver, but certainly not the way it's intended!

Psychoblue: Even though it's merely an online comic, I hope that my attention to details and backgrounds will give me an edge. I do appreciate the vote of confidence.

As for my shading, I really owe it to my high school art teacher, who wouldn't stop reminding me that I needed to pay more attention to my values. But seriously, thank you. Also, I did receive your message on TN; I read over the outline and will give it another once-over before I form an opinion.

satia: Oh, you are truly too kind to me in that regard. Hopefully your campaigning will get a few more people turned on and tuned in.

Rennard: Oh man, I didn't think someone would take notice, let alone appreciate it! That is fantastic.

With Myko, I felt that he had a lot of potential to be something beyond as simple as a villian. An antagonist, certainly, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be due to his being a "villian". Having said that, his relationship with Dante will still be quite strained, at best. Since he wasn't a favourite of yours, I hope you'll be able to notice the changes I've made to him!

Steff: As I've mentioned to some of the others, I really liked Myko and really wanted to bring out his full potential. I feel that introducing him in this way gives the reader a solid idea that he's quite extreme...ly unhinged at times.

Erika: Fabulously late entrances are always welcome! I knew you would be most pleased to see his surprise return. He's going to be a very important player in this arc, so I hope you stay tuned. ^^ Thanks for the kind words!

Razer: Oh, you are just ca-ray-zee. :P But when it comes to an entrance, Myko delivers. And then he delivers a screwdriver into someone's hands or some such. D:
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
The (temporary?) site for "Vicious World", because my web design skills are virtually nonexistent.

Archives
September 2008 / May 2010 / June 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / November 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]